SARS-CoV-2 was first identified in 7 patients in Wuhan, China. The patients presented with a progressive lower respiratory infection that quickly acquired the name Coronavirus Disease 2019, commonly known now, COVID 19. On January 30, 2020 the WHO declared a Public Health Emergency with the U.S. Health and Human Services Office following a day later. In March, 2020 the WHO declared pandemic status for COVID – 19.
Since its arrival in December 2019 the availability of information has mirrored the rise in number of people infected with the virus. There is no lack of information being distributed and there is also no lack of misinformation. Credible organizations like the WHO, CDC, Oxford, and Johns Hopkins are competing with Facebook, Twitter, commercial news media, and political organizations that distribute their own versions of the truth.
These courses are designed to offer a standardized knowledge foundation based on the most credible organizations including WHO, CDC, Johns Hopkins, Oxford and others. References including original research accompany each presentation.
- Discuss the transmission mechanism of SARS – CoV – 2.
- Discuss the clinical course of COVID – 19 from infection to recovery.
- Discuss the origins, identification, emergence, and early spread of COVID – 19.
- Discuss infection control measures and their effectiveness.
- Implement a data driven infection control plan for your practice.
- Discuss prevention measures directed at healthcare workers.
- Discuss prevention measures directed toward the public.
- Discuss the clinical presentation of COVID – 19.
- Integrate clinical practice improvement tools into infection control.
Note: Upon enrollment, periodic newsletters and course updates will be automatically delivered to all students as they become available.
You take care of your patients, loved ones, co-workers, and your business, let us keep you informed.
The courses is brought to you using a “virtual classroom” that can be accessed 24/7/365 on any device connected to the Internet using any network. Once enrolled it will never leave your account and will be updated as needed.