Hip Replacement Patient Education
With over 50 million Americans suffering from some form of arthritis, hip replacement is a common procedure with more than 285,000 hip replacement surgeries performed every year. This course is designed for those patients with chronic hip pain who are considering surgery. Its goal is to provide you with knowledge of your condition. Knowledge is the key to becoming more comfortable with the concept of surgery to cure your pain. It also is an essential ingredient to preparing yourself for surgery and ensuring a rapid return to normal afterwards.
You will have the opportunity to learn:
- How a normal hip joint works.
- What osteoarthritis is and how it damages your hip joint.
- What you can do to prepare for hip surgery.
- What happens to you before, during and after total hip replacement surgery.
- What you can look forward to in the weeks and months after your surgery.
This course is presented using an interactive online learning platform that can be accessed using any smart device (desktop, laptop, tablet, iPad, iPhone) connected to the Internet. All video presentation content is supplied by the American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons (AAOS).
NOTE: Always scroll through the entire page, top to bottom, you do not want to miss anything!
(Course support: firstname.lastname@example.org)
Click the first lesson below to get started.