We hope all is well. Linked below is another installment of our Newsletter/Research Update that you will continue to receive on a regular basis. Prior communications will be added, for students who are joining the class every day, and may have missed out.
On May 9, 2023 HHS updated the rules to telemental healthcare delivery. Practitioners have been waiting for adjustments to the COVID emergency rules that have been in place for the past 2 years, To save you time and energy we will summarize below and provide the reference so you can see for yourself. We will also include this information in the reference sections of the training class, so that you can return and review whenever you want.
Changes to be made permanent:
- Federally Qualified Health Centers (FQHCs) and Rural Health Clinics (RHCs) can serve as a distant site provider for behavioral/mental telehealth services
- Medicare patients can receive telehealth services for behavioral/mental health care in their home
- There are no geographic restrictions for originating site for behavioral/mental telehealth services
- Behavioral/mental telehealth services can be delivered using audio-only communication platforms
- Rural Emergency Hospitals (REHs) are eligible originating sites for telehealth
Changes to continue until Dec. 31, 2024:
- FQHCs and RHCs can serve as a distant site provider for non-behavioral/mental telehealth services
- Medicare patients can receive telehealth services in their home
- There are no geographic restrictions for originating site for non-behavioral/mental telehealth services
- Some non-behavioral/mental telehealth services can be delivered using audio-only communication platforms
- An in-person visit within six months of an initial behavioral/mental telehealth service, and annually thereafter, is not required
- Telehealth services can be provided by all eligible Medicare providers
We will keep up with any further changes from HHS so that you don’t have to.
Feel free to share the link to the CCHE NBCC BC-TMH Training Program with your friends and colleagues. Board certification in every healthcare specialty helps practitioners and patients to provide and receive a high standard of care. It is also key to the beginning of a trusting relationship.
Telehealth CME Courses
Take Care and thanks for enrolling in the class and learning with us.
The Team At CCHE and MedEd-Stat