Capital: Knowledge About Money 1.25 CME
This activity has been approved for 1.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™
This course concentrates on the skills needed to handle money in your practice. All healthcare providers have capital requirements in their practice. Whether it is hiring a new employee, purchasing a new piece of equipment or updating/starting a new service line, it all takes money. Yet while the ins and outs of capital have not been part of our medical education we are still required to be the main decision makers. How do we usually deal with this? We don’t. We outsource these decisions to our administrative personnel who may or may not know any more than we do. This course will allow you to take control of the flow of money in and out of your practice. It will help that you provide the resources to your patients that will insure the best outcomes.
- Identify where to acquire capital.
- Discuss the good and the bad aspects of debt, how much to own and how much to borrow.
- Explain what factors contribute to the cost of money.
- Name asset acquisition basics: new equipment, new provider, new service line.
- Create a professional proposal that makes financial sense.
- Explain capital budgeting – Who gets what and why?
CLICK ON THE FIRST THE FIRST LESSON TO BEGIN THE COURSE